Veliko Tarnovo is one of the most ancient Bulgarian towns with a rich history. It is also the former capital of Bulgaria. The picturesque setting and panoramic view of the town, as well as its rich cultural and historical heritage, earned Veliko Tarnovo a reputation as a leading historical, cultural and tourist centre of Bulgaria. The houses, stacked one above the other, situated on the sloppy hills of the town, show remarkable, unique architectural style. The bridges, unexpectedly flying over the river, palaces and rivers, spectacular museums, ancient columns with writings left by our proud rulers, monasteries with unique murals and the Arbanassi fortress-houses. Veliko Tarnovo is also a lively and atmospheric university town with lots of sidewalk cafes and exquisite restaurants. The town is a symbol of Bulgarian statehood and a source of national pride. We are delighted to offer you a number of significant places in the town, as well as in close proximity to it, which we believe will be of great interest to you.
- - The fortress hill Tsarevets
- - The old town with traditional arts and crafts
- - Gurko street
- - Audio Visual Programme "Sound and Light"
- - Archeological museum
- - The State Art gallery
- - Arbanassi Village
- - Canyon of Emen
- - The ancient roman town of Nicopolis ad Istrum - http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Никополис_ад_Иструм
- - Monasteries around Veliko Tarnovo - http://www.bulgariamonasteries.com/manastiri_do_veliko_tarnovo.html